(or Christ did not die
for all men's sins)
Bible Texts Calvinists
misuse to prove "Limited Atonement"
2 Pet 3:16
"as also in all Paul's letters, speaking in them of
these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which
the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the
rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction."
We Speak truth in LOVE
1. John 10:1516
- Argument: Jesus died only for His sheep (which they take to
mean the elect).
- Answer: In verse 16, Christ taught that there are "other
sheep not of this fold" who would come into the fold. Calvinists
deny that one can change from "sheep not of the fold"
to "sheep of the fold." There are numerous Bible examples
of those who made that chance.
- Many Corinthians had changed lCorinthians 6:911
- Paul changed 1 Timothy 1:1314
2. Acts 20:28; Ephesians 5:25
- Argument: Christ died only for those who are saved
again, the elect.
- Answer: He died to purchase the church; there is no doubt
about that. And the church is composed of the saved. But the Bible
truth that Calvinists overlook is that any man or woman can become
a part of that church.
- Hebrews 5:8,9 all who obey (not only those who are
elected to salvation)
- Acts 2:47 not all will be saved, but all do have the
right to be saved by obedience (vs. 3841)
3. Romans 9:13
- Argument: The love of God in giving Jesus as a sacrifice was
not a general kindness to all creation. "But it is a special
and discriminating love, the favor which he bears to his own people,
as distinct from others." (Five Points of Calvinism; Limited
Atonement, John Gill)
- Answer: "Special and discriminating love?" That
sounds a whole lot different from the Bible teaching that "there
is no partiality with God." (Rom. 2:11)
- This phraseology is used here to show a contrast between righteousness
and unrighteousness. Jesus came through the bloodline of Jacob,
because he, for the most part, kept himself pure. Esau proved
unworthy of this by profaning himself and selling his birthright
(Heb. 12:16). This passage shows that Jacob was chosen for this
honor because his righteousness exceeded that of his brother,
God is no respector of persons. Jesus died for ALL men. Anyone
who obeys the gospel may be saved eternally (Rev. 22:17).
Go To Start: WWW.BIBLE.CA